If you want to learn how to easily add the necessary code to add Snapchat to your WordPress site, you’ve come to the right place. Adding Snapcode, as it’s called, enables your WordPress site to have a Snapchat “follow” button that looks similar to a Facebook “Like” button. It’s a good way to increase your Snapchat followers because it’s a way for them to connect with just a click of a button.
Adding Snapcode: Instructions
Follow these steps to add the code to your WordPress Admin:
- Click on the Add New link under Plugins and search for Snapchat Snapcode.
- Click on the Install Now button to install the plugin. You’ll know it installed successfully after you’re redirected to a page that tells you it was installed.
- Click on the Activate Plugin link on that page to activate it.
- Hover your mouse over Appearance and click Widgets.
- Figure out where you’d like the Snapchat button to appear on your website and then expand the appropriate area on the right side of the page. For example, if you want it to appear on the right side of the footer on every page, click the appropriate footer to add the code there; this will most likely be footer 2 or footer 3, depending on the design of your theme.
- Find the Snapchat Snapcode on the left side of the page and drag it over to the space you decided on in Step 5.
- Write a title for the code, or leave it blank. This will appear on top of the Snapchat button.
- Navigate to the Snapchat Snapcode website and login.
- Click on the “Download my Snapcode” button, then on Download.
- Open the downloaded file with your extraction program (such as Winzip or WinRAR) and extract snapcode.png to your desktop.
- Navigate to your WordPress website admin and click on the Upload Snapchat button.
- Click the Upload Files tab and then upload the snapcode.png from your desktop.
- Click the Insert into post button, write your Snapchat account name in the space provided, and click the Save button.
That’s it! Your Snapchat Snapcode will now appear on your website in the location you specified.