Making a WordPress site work properly is at the top of every web developer’s list, but few are aware of what’s needed to make a site work effectively. Thankfully, we’re shedding some light on one of the most important codes titled PHP and how it can be used to make your webpage run effectively. With this being said, here’s a look at PHP and how it can work for you.
What Is PHP?
PHP is known as a general scripting language suited towards server-wide web development. Being used to create dynamic images from websites or dynamic web page content, the PHP code (in a file) is executed in the PHP runtime. If done properly, PHP can:
- Gather information from web-based forms for millions of uses.
- Track and authenticate users
- Running discussions with threads on your site.
- Serving pages to adapt to different devices or browsers.
- Publishing entire websites using one layout template.
- Serving XML pages.
PHP for WordPress
PHP for WordPress is much easier due to the plugins being available for download. They not only chop out a large chunk of time used to understand PHP, but puts PHP into layman terms so anyone can edit thier site as a seasoned web developer. The plugin allows you to execute arbitrary PHP code through shortcodes. These shortcodes allow you to post PHP codes into your RSS feeds, widgets, comments, and pages just like any other manually defined shortcode. However, this PHP download allows you to enjoy such advantages as:
- Your texts do not need PHP code to operate properly.
- The PHP code can be reused if using the shortcode.
- All PHP code can be operated and organized at one place.
- It allows Syntax Highlighting.
- Testing your PHP code before using it.
- The export or import of different shortcode definitions.